• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Advice please on how to copy videos to my Mac pro

Reaction score
I have a older Sony handycam model AVCHD HR-SR 1.I recently videoed a memorial service for the mother of my son in law but when i connect the video cam to my mac laptop using a usb port, it does not recognize my Sony handy cam.I have not used the cam for several years and no longer have the installation disc.
I installed the latest Imovie version 9.0.4 on my snow leopard softare which i was told would solve the problem. No such luck.
1.Do i need to purchase and install a correct version installation for my HR-SR 1 and if so where do i go to make the purchase? My original installation disc was on a long gone Mac computer.
2. I have ordered a set of tv connector cables for this model camera and am hoping that i can connect this to a recordable vcr connected to my t.v and so produce a video or dvd.Is this feasible?
3. If any of the members have further suggestions since at age 82, i have reached the zenith of my knowledge.
4. If all else fails i will give the handycam to my relatives since the productions by this camera are picture perfect.
Thank you

OP
B
Reaction score
thank you. My computer is a Macbook pro laptop.
I tried to find out about the scan disk without success, I believe everything is on the handy cam hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.