• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Strange Weather Going-Ons

Reaction score
First they're predicting Category 3, 4 or even 5 Hurricane Irene, from Bahamas thru FLorida to Carolinas, possibly going up to the coast in New England and beyond.
Now they're saying they had a 5.9 on Richter Scale of an EARTHQUAKE from the Carolinas to Springfield, Mass!

Weird, very weird.....:Lips-Are-Sealed:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Matt 24:7 - "For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another." New World Translation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Left out record heat wave or at least the Houston Texas area .

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Fingers crossed that Irene goes out to sea... I'm in the Carolinas right now and not scheduled to leave the beach house here in Emerald Isle until Saturday morning. Hopefully we don't have to hasten that departure.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Fingers crossed that Irene goes out to sea... I'm in the Carolinas right now and not scheduled to leave the beach house here in Emerald Isle until Saturday morning. Hopefully we don't have to hasten that departure.

Stay safe!
Hurricanes are quite a sight--on television, no interest in being up close and personal.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

It's not looking promising for you guys right now. Here's hoping.

Regarding the 'strange weather' - outside of the earthquake - I don't see anything else that is really out of the norm. It is hurricane season afterall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Up in the Missouri I thought they had some massive flooding just a short time ago so yeah its been a bad year for weather conditions and we still have months to go hope we don't get any high category hurricanes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
In MN we've had record heat, snowfall and flooding this year. It happens. The world isn't ending and will be fine long after the next dominant species is powering their engines with us. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.