Weird problem with music artwork

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" [Mid 2010]
Hello everyone!!

I'm facing some kind of weird problem with iTunes, my iPod nano [5G] and some mp3 files. lets talk about an specific file, so it'll be easier for you to understand me: "Olsen Olsen". So, I can see Olsen Olsen artwork in the iPod, and in iTunes library, but I can't see it on finder [only in Coverflow view], or when I plug mi iPod and try to see the artwork through iTunes neither [This happens with almost every file in my iPod].

I don´t know why is this happening, and it seems to occur with files that I copied from a DVD, the ones that I already had in my HD work just fine, even in finder [but no if I copy them to my iPod and try to see the artwork through iTunes].

I know it must be confusing to understand when the artwork works and when not, but I hope that somebody could give me a hand with this.

Thanks!!

C

chas_m

Music doesn't normally come from a DVD so perhaps a little more detail about that would shed some light.

Also, are the files that are giving you issues MP3 files? If so, how do MP4 files compare?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" [Mid 2010]
Well, about the DVD, it was a Backup-DVD I made myself with some of my mp3 files.

and yep, these files are mp3, I haven't tested mp4 yet.

I was reading a lot of websites across the internet, and it seems to be a bug related to iTunes 10.4 in Lion, and the reason why this only occurs with the files that I copy from the DVD seems to be that this bug only affects files added after the upgrade.

I found a kind of work-around: you need to select your mp3 in finder, then press cmd + opt+ i, and then change the app you use to oen your mp3, in my Mac I selected MplayerX instead of iTunes, then go back to iTunes and voilá!! You can see your artwork in lion again.

But there's no solution yet for the iPod-in-iTunes bug :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.