Podcast Problems

Reaction score
So i started doing a Podcast with a few friends of mine. Nothing fancy but I am using my 13" macbook pro and a USB mic. I have the USB mic at one side of the table and use the internal Mic on my Macbook. I had no problems for the first 3 session wich were over 3 hours. I was podcasting a weekly table top game for friends. So from now on even before I upgraded to Lion I get an error that states My hard drive is too slow and it stops the recording, as well messes up everything I record.

This also occurs through out the recording, sometimes 15 sometimes an hour.

Anyone know what is causing this? Or how I can fix it?

C

chas_m

Lion is not the cause of it, it's your previous sessions. Long recordings from two sources like that need LOTS of contiguous space; you may be running low on that resource.

A friend of mine solved the problem by creating a partition strictly for audio recording; after each "session," he would erase the partition (not delete it). This kept the free space on that partition contiguous and clean.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.