eMac Trouble

• Thread starter HopperJonusFang
  • Start date
H

HopperJonusFang

Hi, well i finally bought my first Mac the other day; an eMac 1GHz combo machine with 60Gb hard drive, 128Mb RAM running OS X Jaguar.
It has been running well apart from the fact that occasionally I am getting a message on screen telling me I need to restart my computer (I cannot escape this as far as I know; so I lose any unsaved work)

Is there anyone out there who has experienced a similar problem or knows a way around this?

Thanks.

OP
K

kakosc

Get More RAM.
It will fix all your probs.
Its one thing i really hate about Apple... their iMac, iBook and eMac ranges have **** all ram. I bought a 17" iMac for $AUD3400, with edu discount, and it came with 256, its a load of crap.
128 meg? thats just insane. No computer manuacturer puts 128 meg of ram in any machines anymore. Christ, ive seen a PDA with more ram than that.

OP
H

HopperJonusFang

hmm ok it does seem to have gone now
but now i cannot empty the trash due to an annoying program with every file locked. how do i unlock these?

OP
H

HopperJonusFang

its ok sorted that too
Mac's are much easier to sort out, and much less problems too :)

OP
S

SilverKnight123

a. ram doesnt have anything to do with the problem and
b. if you think nothing comes with 128 mb, check out customizable pcs, they start with 128 as standard and they are really high end if anything above 512 mb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.