• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

How do I create Dvd from iso that works in player?

M

macunkie

I am attempting to burn, ( with toast) , a dvd from an "iso" file.
After burning to a dvd-r disk, I can successfully mount the disk and
watch on my PowerBook.

However these same disks won't play on my dvd player. I believe I need to rip the disk with either MacTheRipper or HandBrake. I understand that MacTheRipper rips into video and audio folders that can be burned with toast.
Is this the best quality way to produce my dvd.

1.) First Burn the iso to dvd.
2.) Then rip using MacTheRipper. (Or do I use handbrake and will toast make a dvd from the mpeg4 output?)

3.) Then burn again.

Can anyone follow me on this and let me know the best way to
make a "universal" dvd from my iso files?

Thanks,

MacUnkie.
:mac:

OP
F

Fallooza

you can do it with disk utility. open disk utility, drap the iso to it, click burn. i am not sure if it will burn ta a DVD but it workd with a CD. or maybe you are trying ta do something different, then disregard this post

OP
M

macunkie

Fallooza said:
you can do it with disk utility. open disk utility, drap the iso to it, click burn. i am not sure if it will burn ta a DVD but it workd with a CD.

I need a working dvd. I DID burn the iso with toast and it works with my Powerbook but not my Dvd Player. I'm converted avi's to .mov and then burnt with toast and these Do play in my Dvd player. So I'm guessing I have to burn the iso first then rip into avi or video and audio folders then burn again so it will play on "most DVD players."

MacUnkie.

Reaction score
macunkie said:
I need a working dvd. I DID burn the iso with toast and it works with my Powerbook but not my Dvd Player. I'm converted avi's to .mov and then burnt with toast and these Do play in my Dvd player. So I'm guessing I have to burn the iso first then rip into avi or video and audio folders then burn again so it will play on "most DVD players."

MacUnkie.

you may not even need to burn the dvd.
if you have the video_ts, you can use dvdimager, make the image and mount it. then rip it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.