Hello! "New" switcher here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
E-2011 MPB 13" i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM OSX 10.7.1 iPhone 4 iPod Classic 160 GB
Just wanted to say hello. Been a PC user since '97, though I grew up with Apples (II E's) in the Bay Area as a lad. Anyhow, glad to be "home". I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar, and decided to eat the expense and get a MBP. I have the base model 13", PERFECT for work use, and just tonight bumped it up to 8GB RAM. I am *SO* impressed with the UI, I will simply NEVER go back to PC. Already budgeting for a 17" top-o-the line. I am SO INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED with the UI, and the build quality. THIS is how a computer SHOULD RUN. Regards, all!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums and congrats on your purchase!

OP
GratefulMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just wanted to say hello. Been a PC user since '97, though I grew up with Apples (II E's) in the Bay Area as a lad. Anyhow, glad to be "home". I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar, and decided to eat the expense and get a MBP. I have the base model 13", PERFECT for work use, and just tonight bumped it up to 8GB RAM. I am *SO* impressed with the UI, I will simply NEVER go back to PC. Already budgeting for a 17" top-o-the line. I am SO INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED with the UI, and the build quality. THIS is how a computer SHOULD RUN. Regards, all!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome. You will find many helpful people here. Glad you are enjoying the change so far.

Perhaps it was not so unfortunate that you had a little spill with the Dell.:Mischievous:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not double post. Your posts have been merged together.

OP
GratefulMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, didn't mean to double-tap that one! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I unfortunately spilled a beverage into may Dell while playing guitar, and decided to eat the expense and get a MBP.
Did you mean you were fortunate to spill? ;D Welcome to the forums. It's a good group of people here.

I actually still use Windows out of necessity for work and certain programs but it constantly reminds why I chose to stay with Macs for my main personal computer. If you need any help with your Mac there are plenty of people here willing to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Pretty much felt the same way when I first switched and got my MBP13". No clutter of information. Multiple desktops and windows management with Mission Control in Lion. Pretty neat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.