iBook G4 with World Of Warcraft

A

Ameen

How well does the iBook 12" G4 (1.33Ghz, 512MB, 32MB Graphics Card) work with World Of Warcraft.

I'm thinking of getting one of these iBook's and getting a ram upgrade from Crucial to 1GB but is the processor & graphics card enough to run it?

I'm considering this to be my first Mac and hopefully if it can run WoW well, then i will be a complete switcher

OP
U

UncSki1218

it should do fine. you might have to turn down some settings a little bit but it shouldnt effect your gameplay. but if you are using it for gaming i would go for the 14 inch. take a look at the 12 inch...i almost got it but it is incredibly small. you might even want a powerbook if its intense gaming.

OP
M

mangoSharingan

Well, I have to run it on lowest settings on my iBook because it lags like mad when you walk near the entrance and outside the AF in Ironforge. But I only have 768MB and I guess if you got 1.25GB instead, you should be fine.

Outside in the fields, it's smooth at medium settings though but I go through IF at least once a day and I cannot be bothered to change the graphics settings all the time.

OP
M

Merlinblack

Installed it on my GF's iBook, runs fine even with 256MB ram, as long as you are not running through IF. I never played with any of the settings I just threw it on and installed my add-ons with no trouble you should be more than okay.

Looks and plays much nicer on my PB however.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.