Installing OS X LION can be resumed

Reaction score
Sorry, but I just got a MBP yesterday

I was wondering that if I paused the LION download, turned my MB off.

will I be able to resume from the point where I stopped? has anyone tried this yet? :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
Im just guessing there but as long as the product has not started the install I think you may be ok. It may start downloading from the beginning but I'm not sure of that. If the install has started do not stop.

Regards,

Pat

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yes, it works. A friend who lives in the mountains has literally 26400 Dial up. So we drove to town to his Starbucks and started the download from the App Store. 3 hours later we were only a bit over 1GB so paused it and shut down his Macbook. We drove down the mountain to my place. He hooked up to my WiFi and hit resume and down it came! 2 hours later it was done and we ran the installer.

So yes, Resume works with the App Store and Lion.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I finished mine

Didn't try to pause it though, I woke up at 2 am just so I can shut my macbook down

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.