frustrated with iTunes...

Reaction score
hey all. I just bought a brand new macbook air with Lion preinstalled, and I am trying to adjust from the PC world. I love the laptop, but it will be a learning curve for me. I am technically skilled to an extent, But i am having the worst problem trying to transfer my music from my pc to my mac.

When I plug my iphone 4 into the USB, sometimes it won't pull up in iTunes that it is connected, i.e. the device is not loaded on the right sidebar. sometimes it takes awhile to pop up, and other times it pops right up.

I want to erase all of my music from my iphone and re-sync from my mac's library.

First of all, what I have done:

I copied every artist folder from my PC to a WD external HD. Then I copied all of those folders into my iTunes media folder on the Mac. iTunes did NOT automatically acknowledge them being there, so I manually selected all of the folders and dragged them inot the itunes library. now all my songs are listed as they should be, no problems there.

I need step-by-step instructions on how to erase my iphone's songs, because when i un-checked the songs from the list and then re-synced, my library on iTunes was reduced from 1824 songs to 203. I have no idea what happened, and I am getting very frustrated. I don't understand why I can't view the song list for my device through iTunes and manually delete them from that screen. I've been working on this for 4 days now...i have given up.

OP
A
Reaction score
figured it out, I just deleted my iTunes library, synced my phone and re-uploaded my songs to iTunes...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Good going. Glad you were able to figure it out and thanks for coming back and posting your success as it might help someone else down the road.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4GhZ 4 GB RAM
figured it out, I just deleted my iTunes library, synced my phone and re-uploaded my songs to iTunes...

hmm could you explain in more detail? what happened whn you synced your phone? was your phone empty?

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.