Wireless speakers?

Reaction score
I am looking for something similar right now too: Trying to have some speakers in my place that I can easily (and wirelessly) use for my iPhone and MBP. My solution: Airplay speakers (AirPlay Speakers). Doesn't look like there are too many out yet, but many manufacturers are working on them and one company releases the iHome iW1 on Aug 31st.

A little pricier what's in your budget, but I like the idea of being able to use Airplay and mo wires to stream music in my house...

Worth looking into :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
I set up a second wireless network with an Airport Express connected via Ethernet to my router. I can then connect any sort of computer speakers or a line out to my stereo from the Express to play from any WiFi device. Since it's a different wireless network than my computer normally uses, streaming audio to the speakers doesn't negatively impact my network speeds on other devices. Airport Express, $99. If you're looking for a reasonably priced set of computer speakers that sound good, I like the JBL Creature speakers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.