Need Windows OS

Reaction score
Hey so i've bought a Mac book pro to replace my crappy windows laptop but my problem is the intranet between my college and i is microsoft based so from Mac OS i cannot access my college intranet area. I believe i can install Windows OS on Macbooks however i spent all my money on the Macbook, so my question is:

Will anyone lend me a copy of Windows OS to install or is there another way?

Thank you in advanced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No they will not and to do so is illegal. Also you need a copy of Windows 7 if it is a new machine, and that will then require activation with Microsoft hence used discs will not work sorry.

OP
D
Reaction score
ahh right okay and it has to be windows 7 :/ well are you sure used discs don't work as with windows computers you can use the windows software discs on any computer as many times as you like.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Will anyone lend me a copy of Windows OS to install or is there another way?

As Harry stated, no one is going to lend or give you a copy of Windows. You need to buy your own copy.

And you also posted this in the wrong forum. Read the forum descriptions before posting just anywhere. This does not belong in the "Lounge".

Thanks.

OP
D
Reaction score
Okay cheers, ahh sorry am new n didn't see this category, and i didn't post just anywhere.

Reaction score
You can purchase System Builder OEM versions of Win 7 at places like newegg.com for around $100 USD.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
How in the world is you schools intranet "Windows only" and what exactly does that mean? Does your school have a policy that says ONLY Windows based machines can access the intranet or can you just not connect and that is what "they" told you?

C

chas_m

I'm with baggss ... that's a load of rubbish. You don't need Windows to access the school's intranet, you need a client that the intranet likes, such as Microsoft's own Remote Desktop Connection or a VPN client or Citrix or some such.

OP
D
Reaction score
It would appear to be windows only as when i try to connect to the Windows Remote Desktop connection an message comes up saying that my OS is not supported and then directs me to a link on the microsoft website for more information on Remote Desktop. Also Safari is not supported as on the PC i could only connect when using Internet Explorer.

Reaction score
Try downloading and using Remote Desktop Connection here: Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac | Office For Mac

It doesn't use a browser per se, you just need the IP address of your intranet site. Should work fine without having to install Windows.

I use it to connect to my company's Windows-based network (very secure one too) all the time and run everything from within there.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.