powerbook won't turn on HELP !!!!!

B

beccs

My uncle has a powerbook and someone turned it off whilst it was still on and now it won't turn back on again - anyone any ideas!!!!!

beccs

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
.....plug it in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
try removing the battery and plugging it into an outlet.

OP
C

cknudsen

I'm having a similar problem. The power ran down to 10% on the battery and then I put it in sleep mode. A couple hours later someone tried to turn it on (still not plugged in), and it didn't do _anything_.

I plugged it in, and still nothing when you push the power button. Screen remains dark as though the power button does not work at all. I have a spare battery. I installed that and still nothing. I tried without a battery (but still plugged in) and still nothing.

Any ideas?

OP
P

PowerbookG417

cknudsen said:
I'm having a similar problem. The power ran down to 10% on the battery and then I put it in sleep mode. A couple hours later someone tried to turn it on (still not plugged in), and it didn't do _anything_.

I plugged it in, and still nothing when you push the power button. Screen remains dark as though the power button does not work at all. I have a spare battery. I installed that and still nothing. I tried without a battery (but still plugged in) and still nothing.

Any ideas?

why not the wise thing....call applecare

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.