Windows XP on Bootcamp without Mac Disc?

Reaction score
So I am planning on installing Windows XP on my late 2009 21.5" iMac via bootcamp. Only problemo? Don't have my original mac install disc, for the drivers.

I have been searching around on different forums and came across a few that told me I could download the drivers from the Apple website.

So I got this link: Boot Camp - Windows XP Drivers Update 2.1

Now I'm just wondering if this will actually work before I install windows without any drivers! Will it be a simple download on the windows side and install? Will the wifi actually even work without the drivers on windows or will I have to put it on a flash drive.

I would really appreciate an answer thanks guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
As per the link you provided:

If you do not have any Boot Camp drivers installed, it will install version 2.1 drivers onto your already installed Windows OS.

It's an exe file, so you would have to run it from within Windows. You should be able to download it from within Windows before adding the drivers. If not, or if you'd rather, download it now and drop it on a flash drive formatted using FAT32. Or burn it to a CD/DVD.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. So I'm gonna try putting it on a flash-drive. I'll get back to you with results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.