Genius Appointment tomorrow *How can I password protect email?*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 2.0 C2D, 2G RAM, 120G HD
As the title suggests, I am taking my macbook in tomorrow to hopefully get the case replaced due to cracking. I doubt they will be able to fix on the spot. I currently have my mobileme mail syncing to mail program on my macbook. Is there an easy way I can prevent a tech from checking my mail on my macbook?? Perhaps unregister the mac from mobileme? Will that delete the emails and contacts off the server though? Will it delelte everything when I reregister? Can anyone help me??? Maybe password protect the mail app from launching at all? Please help!!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Create a new, non-administrator account for the tech - call it "Apple". Disable automatic logins if you haven't already. Give the tech the username and password. This way, they can still log in if they need to, but they won't have ready access to your email, docs and data.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 2.0 C2D, 2G RAM, 120G HD
Thanks, i simply wiped and reinstalled. Took it to the genius, he repaired it, and i restored via Time machine.

Its like I have a new laptop again. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.