• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Cannot burn DVDs

C

cineuniverse

Hi,

I have an IBook G4 running Mac OS X 10.3.9 , 800MHZ G4, 640 MB RAM.

I tried to copy my 10-minute DVD from the internal drive: Mat****a CD RW CW 8123 (it's a DVD ROM as well , but I don't know why its model name didn't say that?)that came with the IBook, to an external burner: Pioneer DVD RW, DVR 106D.

1) When I used the "CD/DVD Copy" function in Roxio Toast Titanium version 6.0 to copy the dvd, after 1 minute or so, an error message appeared:

The driver reported an error:
Sense Key = Illegal Request
Sense Code = 0x21 , 0x02
Buffer Underrun

2) I tried to burn it with only 1x speed and still didn't work. I was told may be it'll work with different brand of disks. But I know it's not the disc brand, external drive (Pioneer) nor bad media file problem, because I used the same elements to do it in my eMac which has the same RAM, only runs OS 10.2.8 but is 1G MHZ, and it burns beautifully.

3) I copied the VIDEO_TS file onto my hard drive, dragged it into the Toast Titanium's "DVD-Video: My DVD" window and tried to burn it. It stopped after about 3 minutes and the same message appeared.

1) What's wrong with the first step? It worked on the eMac!

2) Do I have to burn it slowly? I tried x1 but didn't work.

3) Should I have dragged the Video_TS file into the Data window instead? Would the DVD became a DATA DVD and won't read by DVD player?

4) I was told that I could use the Disk Utility to burn and I found some info on this site: http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=40369&highlight=burn+DVD. But I couldn't understand half the jargon and it didn't seem that it's sucessful anyway. If someone know how to do this right, can he/she show me a simple step-by-step?

Can any intellengent individual points HIS finger and shine some light on me, PLEASE?

Much thank you all in advance.

Eric

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What brand of media are you using?

I tend to use any of the following: Verbatium, TDK, Imation, and Fujii. You can still get a bad disk in any brand, thou.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Mod Note: Please post in the correct forum

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.