• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Users complain of video, wake, login freezes in Lion

Reaction score
Users complain of video, wake, login freezes in Lion

lion-sm.jpg
Glitches in OS X Lion are causing freezing for a number of users, according to complaints. The problems are moreover happening under a variety of conditions. For some people, freezes are triggered on waking from sleep. 2011 iMacs appear to be the worst affected in this regard, but some MacBook Pros are suffering the same trouble. Only a reboot temporarily solves the situation....

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
my mouse and trackpad won't work after waking from sleep, but my keyboard works fine. I can use the keyboard to restart the computer and it works fine later. I am patiently awaiting an update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'm getting these problems. Slows down while waking and afterwards. Scrolling gets real choppy(sometimes it's smooth scrolling up, but lags, or doesn't flow smoothly and as easily...REAL annoying because I use the trackpad). Some videos black out. And I keep on running out of available ram(from 4gb's). I'm too busy with school and stuff to to a complete clean install and see if that fixes things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I've noticed the inability to wake from sleep using the trackpad. I've just used the keyboard. I assumed it was a change to the system, never thought it was a "bug". Hmm... Guess we'll see after 10.7.1 drops.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You can't wake it any longer by moving the mouse or trackpad. You have to actually click to wake it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Same for me. Wonder if it's a new 'feature'...

That's my point. It's not a bug, it's the way the OS works now.

Honestly, it's not really a huge deal, it's just different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's my point. It's not a bug, it's the way the OS works now.

Honestly, it's not really a huge deal, it's just different.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't mind if they changed the way it works. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug. Glad that's cleared up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3/11 17" MBP 8g/500 Glossy, IPod Touch 4thgen 8gig, 32Gig Verizon 3G + WiFi IPadII
This is very microsofty.

I am stickin with ole' SnowCat till they get this crap worked out.

One of the coolest things on acquisition of my 3/11 MBP was a sleep feature that actually works. I go a month or more without re-booting. In sleep on a meter it shows low energy consumption, 0-2 watts.

Then again I like Snow Leopard. A fully matured OS. The only actual problem is the rare times I have to shut down it hangs and I have to hard-power off. Not all the time but more than comfortable. I'll research it later.

Everything else has been awesome and there's always new amazing stuff to do.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
My MB sometimes has problems with wireless connection when waking up from sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time but it has happened twice. Turning wifi off and back on doesn't work and I have to restart. >_>" Annoying to say in the least especially when I'm in a rush and working and need to do research.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is very microsofty.

One of the coolest things on acquisition of my 3/11 MBP was a sleep feature that actually works. I go a month or more without re-booting. In sleep on a meter it shows low energy consumption, 0-2 watts.

Then again I like Snow Leopard. A fully matured OS. The only actual problem is the rare times I have to shut down it hangs and I have to hard-power off. Not all the time but more than comfortable. I'll research it later.

Everything else has been awesome and there's always new amazing stuff to do.

Have you even read the few posts above yours? There's nothing to get "worked out" about the sleep function. It functions as it is designed to function. Wake with a key instead of a gesture. What's so hard about that? It's just different, not broken. Pretty silly reason to pass on an OS upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you even read the few posts above yours? There's nothing to get "worked out" about the sleep function. It functions as it is designed to function. Wake with a key instead of a gesture. What's so hard about that? It's just different, not broken. Pretty silly reason to pass on an OS upgrade.

Because if you look at certain people's posting history you'll notice some just like to basically complain about anything they can possibly find to complain about. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is very microsofty.

Do me a favor and do some research on a few of the bugs that existing with the 10.6 initial release and you'll quickly see that the few minor quirks in Lion are nothing compared to what happened in SL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3/11 17" MBP 8g/500 Glossy, IPod Touch 4thgen 8gig, 32Gig Verizon 3G + WiFi IPadII
Have you even read the few posts above yours? There's nothing to get "worked out" about the sleep function.

Glitches in OS X Lion are causing freezing for a number of users, according to complaints. The problems are moreover happening under a variety of conditions.

Apparently I'm responding to the original post. Freezing under a variety of conditions, regardless how its woken up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do me a favor

I'm fresh out.

do some research on a few of the bugs that existing with the 10.6 initial release and you'll quickly see that the few minor quirks in Lion are nothing compared to what happened in SL.

I have other things to do.

My point was, any OS or new release can be buggy at advent, and waiting awhile while it matures under progressive patches lands you a more stable release.

And a point in Apple's favor, the user experience here is so stunningly satisfying I've been lulled into resisting change. What complaints?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apparently I'm responding to the original post. Freezing under a variety of conditions, regardless how its woken up.

Brilliant. Don't read the most recent, relevant information. That would make too much sense. :Confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.