How do I save the apps I purchased for my imac?

Reaction score
Well, I can be more specific since I have so far only purchased one app. Sorry, but I'm not used to downloading mac apps so this is a newbie question. I purchased a copy of Mental Case or my imac (and another copy for my ipod.) I haven't been using Time Machine or any other back up. Ready to remedy that. But I'm thinking of doing a clean install of Snow Leopard and doing a full backup right afterwards with Time Machine and/or SuperDuper. Will I need to purchase another copy of Mental Case? If not, what do I do to save the copy of Mental Case that I bought so that I can reinstall it once I have the clean install of Snow Leopard done? I don't know how this process works. Will it just force me to uninstall it when I burn it to a disc? Crap I am totally clueless and Mental Case is too bare bones to explain it.

Once I have an image of Snow Leopard I will also buy Lion and back that up, assuming Mental Case works with Lion.

3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well, I can be more specific since I have so far only purchased one app. Sorry, but I'm not used to downloading mac apps so this is a newbie question. I purchased a copy of Mental Case or my imac (and another copy for my ipod.) I haven't been using Time Machine or any other back up. Ready to remedy that. But I'm thinking of doing a clean install of Snow Leopard and doing a full backup right afterwards with Time Machine and/or SuperDuper. Will I need to purchase another copy of Mental Case? If not, what do I do to save the copy of Mental Case that I bought so that I can reinstall it once I have the clean install of Snow Leopard done? I don't know how this process works. Will it just force me to uninstall it when I burn it to a disc? Crap I am totally clueless and Mental Case is too bare bones to explain it.

Once I have an image of Snow Leopard I will also buy Lion and back that up, assuming Mental Case works with Lion.

3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3

If you bought them from the Mac App Store, you can re-download them from the MAS after you wipe the drive.

OP
Z
Reaction score
If you bought them from the Mac App Store, you can re-download them from the MAS after you wipe the drive.

I did. So I guess my App Store account holds them for me. Kind of like an Amazon account holding ebooks for me. I didn't think of that. Thanks

C

chas_m

But yes, you should be making regular backups of all your digital purchases (and everything else for that matter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.