Converting a Quicktime MOV to MP3???

W

woofboy111

I need some help with something. I was wondering if there is a way to take the audio out of a quicktime mov and just have the audio as a MP3 file? I'd like to do this without buying any software. Is there any way that I could do it? Thankyou.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
welcome to Mac-Forums!

you cant extract the audio unless you use something like Final Cut Pro/Express or Soundtrack. But you can use iTunes.

Open iTunes. drag the mov into the iTunes window,. select the file and under the Advanced menu, select convert selection to mp3. Now, select the converted file (you can find out which one by pressing command+i on the song and under the info box it will say mp3 or mov) and then press command+r and it will take you to the mp3

OP
W

woofboy111

MacAddikt said:
welcome to Mac-Forums!

you cant extract the audio unless you use something like Final Cut Pro/Express or Soundtrack. But you can use iTunes.

Open iTunes. drag the mov into the iTunes window,. select the file and under the Advanced menu, select convert selection to mp3. Now, select the converted file (you can find out which one by pressing command+i on the song and under the info box it will say mp3 or mov) and then press command+r and it will take you to the mp3

Thank you for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.