Help, I've deleted all my printers & drivers in SL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
I screwed up trying to fix a balky printer and mistakenly I deleted everything instead.

I have everything backed up on Time Machine attached to my iMac. I can't seem to figure out how to get my printers back/what folder?/restore whole system from earlier today/yesterday?? Could somebody please tell me the step by step means to get myself back to before I messed up.

Thanks you ever so much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
How many printers do you have? Probably not more than one. Just visit the manufacturers website and download the latest driver.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Try plugging the printer directly into the Mac and go back through the printer adding procedure in the Printer and Scan preference pane. If what you actually deleted was the file that is normally there the drivers are probably still present and will work. Unless you actually go into the System folder and remove the drivers all that has usually been removed are the print queue files.

The same procedure should work if you have a wireless network printer. But even with the appropriate network information entered in the printer you may have to install via USB first.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
I was trying to ask how to get the printer information from my Time Machine backup, so I wouldn't have to do it from scratch. I just didn't know where the file was located or what it was named. I thought that was the beauty of Time Machine.

Thanks anyway. I've got it fixed now without having to download from the manufacturer or having to hook it up via USB thank goodness.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.