• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Help! Premiere Pro CS5 Won't Install...

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5. I have installed the Adobe Master Collection CS5 and everything works fine except Premiere Pro CS5. It won't show up in my applications and appears to not show up regardless of what I do. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, used the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, and even downloaded Premiere Pro CS5 on its own and tried installing, all to no avail. It just doesn't show up in the applications, and when I installed the standalone Premiere Pro it installed Encore and Bridge but not the main program. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas as to how/why this might be happening?

I believe that at one point this computer had Premiere CS4 installed, but it no longer does. I had to replace the hard drive.

Thank you for your time!

Reaction score
Me too!

Im having exactly the same issue only I'm trying to install the CS5.5 Master collection.

I have tried the same solutions which were also to no avail... :(
so currently looking in to weather or not Premier Pro from CS5 and up has any computability altercations with the OSX we are currently running.
I too have a MacBook Pro with the OSX 10.5.8

I hope I'm wrong but my hunch is that the later editions of Premier pro
require a 64-bit Operating system (i.e. Snow Leopard)
Rather than a 32-bit which is what we currently have.

Ill keep you posted in regards to my findings.

Reaction score
Heads up

Just found this on the Adobe Site!

Why did Adobe make the decision to support only 64-bit operating systems with Adobe Premiere® Pro CS5 and After Effects® CS5, and now CS5.5?
By optimizing code for 64-bit operating systems, Adobe is able to deliver the performance gains video professionals require. Creative Suite customers benefit from working on the latest hardware and operating systems, and the majority of video professionals have already transitioned to 64-bit capable systems, such as Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, or 64-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows (Windows Vista® and Windows 7).

With the CS5.5 update, Adobe has further optimized native support for 64-bit operating systems released in Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and After Effects CS5. For an up-to-date list of 64-bit third-party plug-ins for After Effects, visit the After Effects plug-ins page.

What’s the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems?

On 64-bit operating systems you have access to essentially unlimited RAM, because they offer a wider address system and data path. On 32-bit systems, each application is limited to 4GB of RAM (and in practice this number is actually smaller). More RAM means applications can manipulate larger chunks of data, cache more information, and handle a wide range of tasks more efficiently.

Reaction score
Possible Solution

I did some more reading and it turns out that both Leopard and Snow Leopard are already 64-bit capable, which means they have scope for more than 4GB of RAM. So by adding more RAM we should see the benefits of the 64-bit OS support in applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

The question is....

Will adding more ram Enable us to acquire the thorn in my side that is
Adobe Premier Pro?

In addition to this, is the macbook pro even capable of attaining More than 2GB of ram? (which is what i currently have)

C

chas_m

No, more RAM will not magically make it install.

I'm surprised you haven't simply checked the system requirements for Premiere Pro. They should be printed right on the box.

I don't have CS5, but CS5.5 calls for *an Intel Core2Duo or higher* and 10.5.8 and up etc.

Neither of you mentioned this, so confirming that you have this would be a good place to start.

Reaction score
Hi, i have a problema similar to yours. I installe premiere cs5.5 but I have no HD or HDV preset on the secuence options. It only have DV and P2 settings.
i need help !! I have a macbookpro i7 !!! Thanks !

Reaction score
Hi, i have a problema similar to yours. I installe premiere cs5.5 but I have no HD or HDV preset on the secuence options. It only have DV and P2 settings.
i need help !! I have a macbookpro i7 !!! Thanks !
Drag and drop the clip to the New Item button at the bottom of the Project Panel, you'll get a proper Sequence Setting that way.

I don't know why you don't have the presets. Have you tried reinstalling?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.