New hard disc for Time Machine iMac

Reaction score
Hi,
My external hard disc that I used for Time Machine crashed and I bought a new one to replace it. Now I would like TM to create a new full back-up instead of an incremental like he did today. I searched but could not find the option the gzt a new full back-up. Can someone please let me know how I can get that new full back-up?
thanks
Azorius.

C

chas_m

If you replaced the hard drive with another one, there's no way it didn't do a full back-up. It has to have something to add the incremental TO.

You might want to check your "Volumes" folder (under the Go menu, Go to Folder, type in /Volumes). If there is ANYTHING in there besides an alias to the currently-mounted hard drives, that could be where the incremental went.

*DON'T* mess with anything in there, just let us know if there was anything in there besides aliases to the currently-mounted hard drives.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.