No Wifi drivers after installing Windows 7 via Bootcamp

Reaction score
I installed Windows 7 today and afterwards downloaded the drivers from the OSX CD. However, I can't get my wifi to work since the drivers seem to be missing. I installed xp and Vista before and didn't have this problem.

What is up with Windows 7 drivers? I tried searching the internet for drivers after inserting an ethernet cable but it still didn't find anything. Why is my wifi not working?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What version of OS X are you using? We need to know that because if you used a Leopard DVD to load drivers, it does not have drivers for Windows 7. Also some Snow Leopard DVDs likewise have an incomplete set of drivers for Windows 7.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What version of OS X are you using? We need to know that because if you used a Leopard DVD to load drivers, it does not have drivers for Windows 7. Also some Snow Leopard DVDs likewise have an incomplete set of drivers for Windows 7.

In addition to what chscag already said, if you haven't run the Apple Software Update program under Windows, it won't have the latest driver package, which may be necessary depending on which version of Windows 7 you have installed (64-bit versus 32-bit).

OP
C
Reaction score
Alright I fixed my problem. I had to manually extract the drivers from the OSX CD and a couple of other things. If anyone has this problem, PM me and I'll give the full details on how to fix it.

Note at above posters: Thanks for the help either way. It was 64-bit, everything was up-to-date. I was using Snow Leopard. The drivers were there but you to find them yourself.

Reaction score
i need helpppp! how do you install drivers? i have a macbook pro, and i used an authentic copy of windows 7 boot camp. i installed it, everything went well until i tried to connect to wifi... i then searched in my 'uninstall a program' page in control panel, and i found that there were 0 installed drivers... please help ??? :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i need helpppp! how do you install drivers? i have a macbook pro, and i used an authentic copy of windows 7 boot camp. i installed it, everything went well until i tried to connect to wifi... i then searched in my 'uninstall a program' page in control panel, and i found that there were 0 installed drivers... please help ??? :(

Remember that disc you were prompted to burn during the Boot Camp Assistant process? Now is the time you need that.

Whilst running Windows, pop in the disc and run the installer on it. That's the Boot Camp driver support disc. That should take care of all the missing drivers.

Reaction score
need help

Alright I fixed my problem. I had to manually extract the drivers from the OSX CD and a couple of other things. If anyone has this problem, PM me and I'll give the full details on how to fix it.

Note at above posters: Thanks for the help either way. It was 64-bit, everything was up-to-date. I was using Snow Leopard. The drivers were there but you to find them yourself.

i came across you post today
dis is the frst tym m posting anything on a forum nd m nt used to it so there might b mistakes.:)(please ignore dat),
anyhow,
i am also facing the same problem as you did..
it will b really kind of you if you can help me in getting the drivers
because i also used bootcamp for putting in windows 7
nd nw i cnt use ethernet, wifi..
nd even some of keyboard keys and my trackpad gestures,even the right click
i have a macbook pro 15", 2.2 ghz, os x 10.7.2

more over 1 more help please..
when i try to run a game it shows memory less dan 15 mb even wen ive dedicated 93 gb nd 8gb ram fr windows
thank you in advance

Reaction score
Not connected to internet on my windows side of hardrive!!!

Hi guys, i have recently purchesed windows 7 home premium and have set it up via bootcamp. Everything works great apart from one major thing.....! i don't have the internet on my windows side of my hardrive >:O:Angry: however internet works great on my mac side of hardrive????? when i diagnose the problem, it says something like i need to re-install or install drives for my network adapter???? Please tell me where i can find the drivers to install.

P.S. I connect wirelessly to the internet, not through an enthernet cable.... i dont know if this has anything to do with it!

Reaction score
Fixed the problem!!!!

HOORAY I HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM. its simple. all you need to do if u are having my problem is make sure u have installed the drivers which it will ask you to download at the start of bootcamp assistant onto a memory disk or a BLANK CD! then log onto windows and transfer and reinstall the drivers on your CD/Memory stick to the windows software. Quote me and post some replys if you have any problems or questions and i will get back to you ASAP!;D

Reaction score
HOORAY I HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM. its simple. all you need to do if u are having my problem is make sure u have installed the drivers which it will ask you to download at the start of bootcamp assistant onto a memory disk or a BLANK CD! then log onto windows and transfer and reinstall the drivers on your CD/Memory stick to the windows software. Quote me and post some replys if you have any problems or questions and i will get back to you ASAP!;D

hi, I think Ive been having the same problem.. and Im not very good with computer stuff..but im trying to install windows 7 ultimate and im having the same problem that you had. internet connection and driver ... where exactly in the beginning of bootcamp assistance will I get what I need(the driver and etc?) do I need to get rid of windows and install it again? hope you get back to me.. please and thankyou :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
To all of the new posters on this thread having bootcamp issues, welcome to the forums.

The bootcamp assistant tells you exactly what it's going to do and what you need to do. I don't mean to sound 'funny' but this information is there precisely to help those who aren't "very good with computer stuff" or those unfamiliar with the process.
I can recommend to anyone running through an unfamiliar process to read everything carefully that's put up on screen. With bootcamp in particular I can recommend the guides found here: Apple - Support - Boot Camp

In addition, when asking for help can I suggest that you type in full sentences, avoid 'text speak' and include the model of Mac you have and the version of OSX you are using. This will entice more people to respond and enable people to give you more specific help.

lorenzarte:
Run the bootcamp assistant again and you'll come to a page where it prompts you to download a driver bundle that you need to copy onto a DVD/CD or USB drive. Once you have downloaded this file you can quit out of the bootcamp assistant. No need to re-partition, no need to re-install Windows.

Reaction score
Helping!!

hi, I think Ive been having the same problem.. and Im not very good with computer stuff..but im trying to install windows 7 ultimate and im having the same problem that you had. internet connection and driver ... where exactly in the beginning of bootcamp assistance will I get what I need(the driver and etc?) do I need to get rid of windows and install it again? hope you get back to me.. please and thankyou :)

Hi. what u will need to do is go to your mac side of your computer then open up bootcamp then it should ask u to download drivers onto a blank CD or a memory stick. once you have downloaded those drivers onto your memory stick/CD open up the drivers on the windows side then install them whilst on windows. search through all the drivers and one should be about a network adapter. i recommend istalling all the drivers though!! apart from the apple drivers. say if u need any help.:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'd definitely recommend installing the entire package. Installing piecemeal serves little or no purposes and can hamper installing bootcamp updates.

The only driver that you may want to update is the graphics driver but that's something that should be done afterwards rather than instead.

Reaction score
wifi password rejection

I have installed win 7 ultimate works fine except trying to type in password for the verizon windows rejects it as too long ! However my pc accepted the password on the router just fine a year ago. I've tried everything changing wep and wpa2 settings with no help. Microsoft want $$ to fix problem, I'd like to have windows working, any ideas out there ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When you say Microsoft want money, do you mean you have used the same install CD on your PC? If so that is the way it works and they want you to buy another CD of Windows 7. One install only on one computer.

Reaction score
I wasn't clear about micsoft wanting money, they wanted me today for tech support to fix problem,not buy another disc the sw was activated fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Boy this electronic shorthand is getting harder and harder!

Reaction score
Wi-Fi not working on windows 7 MacBook with boot camp

Yes, in that you need to install driver for windows 32 or 64 bit as of your system separately. For my case i installed BroadcomWirelessWin7x32 and works just fine.

That's also works for your case. Just google it and find this driver. Due to restriction in this forum i cant share my website link in to this. Sorry for that.

I installed Windows 7 today and afterwards downloaded the drivers from the OSX CD. However, I can't get my wifi to work since the drivers seem to be missing. I installed xp and Vista before and didn't have this problem.

What is up with Windows 7 drivers? I tried searching the internet for drivers after inserting an ethernet cable but it still didn't find anything. Why is my wifi not working?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.