Samsung Ram Any Good

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
I see a few auctions for 1g powerbook samsung ram $159. Is this a good deal? How would you rate samsung ram?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
section8joe said:
I see a few auctions for 1g powerbook samsung ram $159. Is this a good deal? How would you rate samsung ram?
More important than the company is the guarantee you get with it, in my opinion. There are only a few companies that actually make memory (and Samsung is one of them.) Most just resell it under their own name. Each manufacturer makes some bad chips and some good ones. Problems come up when it's sold without being tested properly first. Find a vendor with a good return policy; they're more likely to test their RAM first, and you won't get stuck if they don't. (That's one reason why Crucial is mentioned so often, even though they're not always cheap.) I wouldn't buy memory from eBay no matter who made the chips.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The RAM in my iBook is Samsung. Works just fine for me. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.