• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's new MacBook Airs to bring back backlit keyboards - sources

Reaction score
Apple's new MacBook Airs to bring back backlit keyboards - sources

With the release of new models later this month, Apple is set to reinstate a feature to its MacBook Airs that went missing when the company overhauled the ultra-thin notebooks into more cost-affordable products late last year, AppleInsider has learned.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
Meh...great for people that wanted/needed this feature, but I myself haven't found myself missing it when I go back and forth from my 2008 MBP with backlit keyboard. I prefer the exchange of a longer charge for it.

Reaction score
Hmm...I like backlit keyboards when the computer is plugged in...but I don't need the keys lit up when the computer is unplugged. There is a way to turn these off...I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
From what I remember from my last macbook that had backlit keys (an earlier gen MBP 13") when you turn the lights all the way down it turns them off.

Honestly, I'd welcome them on my air as I use my 11" in all different lighting conditions, including for presentations in dark rooms where it would make my life a lot easier to be able to see the keys clearly rather then hoping there is enough light from my screen to illuminate them.

As long as they maintain a way to shut them off and it doesn't generate too much heat (especially in the 11"), I personally think it's a great feature to put back into the laptops.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.