• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iOS 'stickiness' grows as average Apple user has $100 in content per device

Reaction score
iOS 'stickiness' grows as average Apple user has $100 in content per device

With an average of $100 in content purchased on every Apple mobile device, it is increasingly difficult for users to justify the switch from the iOS ecosystem to a competing platform like Android, a new analysis has found.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Only $56 here so far :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB
For me (and I've heard this echoed by a few other folks), it was the combination of the iPhone and more importantly the iPad/iPad2 being good enough to commit to. Once I realized I'd probably be a long term iOS device (tablet) user I was willing to purchase apps to enhance the experience.

Kind of the same explanation for the findings in this thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ap...-users-buying-61-more-apps-than-year-ago.html

People bought iPads, realized how effective (and fun for that matter) they can be and starting buying apps, and I think specifically there was a big break-through in the professional markets, after a decent "buy in" period.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Everything just works so smoothly with your iPhone, iPad, Mac. What's not to love? No guess work. Will this phone play nice with this computer? Not a problem under Apple's umbrella. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
For me it comes down to the good user experience that makes me stay because if I hated Apple products I would switch even if it were costly. In other words a life time of headaches isn't worth $100 but it's a good thing I do like Apple products.

IMO Apple seems to understand the idea of machines working for us and making our lives easier rather than making our lives more stressful by fighting with our devices to make it do what we want it to.

I can't afford to buy many things just for the luxury of owning it so I appreciate a device that just works and in the way I want it to. This way I don't feel like I've just wasted my money on a gimmicky toy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If I didn't already have my iPad to continue using my purchased apps, I never would have switched to Windows Phone 7.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.