• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Are Apple Delaying My Macbook Pro Because of Lion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP Unibody, 2.3GHz i5, 4GB
So I ordered my Macbook Pro on the 1st, Apple are usually quite fast at shipping items, and although it says custom configured which I could understand its only a VGA adapter.. Yet the delivery date is the 15th of July! The rumoured release of Lion is the 14th right?

I just think its adds up as it doesnt take that long to ship a standard macbook pro!

Applestore.jpg

What do you guys think? Seems feasible...

Reaction score
Yeah, but it shipped on the 7th July. Maybe the UPS Crowd its shipped by are under instruction not to deliver it till 15th as Lion is due on the 14th. Sounds fine to me. Just e-mail them and ask if its OXS Snow Leopard or Lion?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I aksed online, and the response I got was if it comes with Leopard there is a free upgrade program..

I'm not too bothered, but I'd like to know what to expect, like if they just said were delaying shipping because of the new OS then fine, but two weeks for no real reason is a painful wait!

I guess I'll just have to wait and hope that Lion is why its taking so long! :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'm with you. It'd sure like to know what to expect. But, it sure will be nice if it's already got Lion installed on it. Guess they can't really answer that question, as then it would let the cat out of the bag for when the rest of us will see Lion.

Reaction score
If they said it came with Leopard, then I'd say it's got Lion on it. Any self respecting MacMan would know Snow Leopard is the current OS not Leopard. They must just have tried to come up with an answer a little too quickly.. LOL

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I meant Snow Leopard..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
My guess is it will arrive with Lion installed.

Good luck :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Pro mid 2010, OS X 10.6.7, Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD
I guess it will come with Lion as well, either way the best here is that you bought a mac and if it comes with SL you upgrade, if comes with Lion you enjoy! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.