Mac G4 or Mac Mini?

Reaction score
What in your opinion would be better to run Dreamweaver and Photoshop presuming both machines had 512mb of ram?

Im seeing a lot of bargains on ebay for G4s

How much computin could I get out of a G4 or shoud I just wait and continue to save for my G5. I still have 10.5 months to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
in 10.5 months some of the macintels will be out, so it may be worth it to wait and see what they perform like. I believe the minis will be some of the first ones to be switched over.

B

Biturbo V12 AMG

i have dreamweaver on my 1.42ghz 80gig 512mb ram mini and it runs fine. just takes longer to load than my 1.67ghz powerbook but after that i havent run into any trouble. i think the slow load time is due to the 80gig 4,200 rpm drive if i had had to buy a mini again i would get the smaller drive then take it out and put in a faster bigger HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I would personally wait for the G5- I waited two years for mine and it was worth it. Don't worry about the Macintels, when they first come out there are bound to be a few compatibility issues, and the price of existing PPC macs will drop with no decrease in available software or usability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well in 10.5 months 512MB will be slightly on the small side...
1 Gig will be cheap enough then for it to be standard. (although this is Apple we're talking about... ;))

I'd just keep on saving and see what's around then...

See you in 10 months!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.