Hitatchi DVD USB Camcorder-Wont read NEED HELP!!

F

FontaineJ

I purchased a dvd cam a few years ago. And as I just purchased my new powerbook g4 i thought i would be able to upload all the pictures, and the software that came with the camcorder is pc software, and not compatible with mac.

Please help me.
ASAP
Thank-You

OP
S

sursuciofla

FontaineJ said:
I purchased a dvd cam a few years ago. And as I just purchased my new powerbook g4 i thought i would be able to upload all the pictures, and the software that came with the camcorder is pc software, and not compatible with mac.

Please help me.
ASAP
Thank-You

Find a PC and load them there and then put it on disc then you can move them to your Mac. Unless I am missing something you are only trying to get the footage off the cam directly correct? If so that's the only way I could see you getting the stuff on your Mac.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Both iMovie and Final Cut only see a firewire cameras.

OP
S

sursuciofla

rman said:
Both iMovie and Final Cut only see a firewire cameras.

DOH! :eek:neye: My second miss tonight by missing a key word "USB", hehe. GEEZE.

Reaction score
sursuciofla said:
DOH! :eek:neye: My second miss tonight by missing a key word "USB", hehe. GEEZE.

So what's wrong with your idea?

ed724

OP
S

sursuciofla

ed724 said:
So what's wrong with your idea?

ed724

There is nothing wrong with it, I just didn't notice at first you said usb so apps like imovie and FCP won't pick it up on the mac. So yeah you can just get the footage or pictures or whatever through the pc and just get them to your mac from a disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.