Reformat and Reinstall

Reaction score
I had to reformat my iMac...I reinstalled Parallels and Windows 7 .. it however doesn't give me the option to register Windows .. instead it makes the main user the Administrator account ??

Why is this happening?

What can I do to correct it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad-core 2.2ghz i7, 8gb DDR3, 128GB SSD+750GB 2nd HDD, 1680x1050
When I ran Windows 7 via Parallels, I didn't "register", nor did I have any additional accounts besides what it automatically loaded with. I think this is the default function. Just my two cents.

OP
I
Reaction score
Hello Johnathan, actually the first two or three times it gave me the option to register the software now it just sets it up as Administrator.

I'm curious if this is a parallels issue or a windows issue... it appears that one or the other remembers what was on there before which is completely add since all the files are removed and reinstalled.

I've used the virtual environment on Windows and I recall that the files didn't store virtually they would delete if you deleted your desktop application. I may be wrong though.

It's an annoying issue I'd like to know how to fix it =(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.