• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Verizon confirms unlimited iPhone data plans no longer offered come Thursday

Reaction score
Verizon confirms unlimited iPhone data plans no longer offered come Thursday

Starting Thursday, new smartphone customers with Verizon Wireless, including those who buy an iPhone, will no longer be able to purchase the carrier's unlimited data plan, AppleInsider has confirmed.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif
adscout.php

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 930 Hackintosh, 24GB RAM; 2011 13" MBA, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage; iPad2
I have a feeling there will be plenty of refugees heading to Sprint come September if the rumors are true. As a Sprint customer, I hope they are. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I have a feeling there will be plenty of refugees heading to Sprint come September if the rumors are true. As a Sprint customer, I hope they are. :D

Um, I think you've got that all backward. As a Sprint customer, I sincerely hope there are ZERO refugees! It's going to be bad enough when the iPhone goes to Sprint, we don't need any more network hogging than is necessary!

Then again, I'm sure that Sprint will employ the same exact data tier system once Apple has their way with them. Luckily for me, I'm going to be grandfathered in to my current unlimited data package and have NO plans of EVER changing that for ANY iPhone. Love my EVO.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Um, I think you've got that all backward. As a Sprint customer, I sincerely hope there are ZERO refugees! It's going to be bad enough when the iPhone goes to Sprint, we don't need any more network hogging than is necessary!

Then again, I'm sure that Sprint will employ the same exact data tier system once Apple has their way with them. Luckily for me, I'm going to be grandfathered in to my current unlimited data package and have NO plans of EVER changing that for ANY iPhone. Love my EVO.

Doug

While I loved my Evo, and now I love my Evo 3D, I do hope that Sprint gets the iPhone. I don't want them left in the dust. Being the nation's 3rd biggest carrier is cool as long as Sprint hangs around and I don't wake up to a Verizon acquisition one day. And I do agree with you, I could care less because I will never leave my unlimited plans with Sprint. Period.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
As big as the iPhone is, I don't think that the balance of Sprint's fate rests upon acquiring it. Then again, it doesn't matter. We all know they'll get it at some point.

How are you enjoying the 3D? I have to admit.. 3D on a phone sounds plain stupid and gimmicky. I mean, how can it really be anything other than gimmicky ? I'm sure it's fast though.. especially if you get rid of all that 3D nonsense and root it etc...

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're definitely right. Sprint will get it at one point. I do like the 3D, but the 3D aspect of it is ridiculous. I leave the device in 2D and I like it much more than the Evo 4G. Battery life is noticeably better thanks to an application added in that helps with power consumption greatly. I'm not a Sense fan, but I have to admit that Sense 3.0 is very, very good. I'm interested in the Photon though also. That phone looks very nice. Motorola normally has very good quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you haven't already, you should try GO! Launcher. It's by far the best launcher I've tried, and it's free. It beats the pants off of the paid ones IMHO. Quite the number of options and themes.

Sorry guys.. didn't mean to hijack the thread. My bad.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.