• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Does icarbons cover up dents

Reaction score
Yes i have had my macbook pro 2010 model for about 3 months. bought it refurbished anyway, i'm so ocd about my stuff well one of my roomates was throwing a empty gatorade bottle well it hit the wall and dropped on my laptop and made a little dent. probably the size of a pea, not that big at all but noticable anyway i was going to get the carbon fiber from icarbons and cover it up (if it does) here's the link iCarbons — Macbook Pro well that cover it up? also i was going to buy http://www.e-securedsite.com/gutsyp...isplay=0&filterFor=&collection=1|Ducati Store but i guess the guy doesn't sell them anymore any idea who sells them? but to my post will it cover up the pea size dent?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27 inch
It didnt cover up my cracks

i had a cracked iphone and the carbon went into the cracks and even the cracks pushed it up so it you have dents it will put the sticker out of place. I wouldnt recommend it

OP
R
Reaction score
i had a cracked iphone and the carbon went into the cracks and even the cracks pushed it up so it you have dents it will put the sticker out of place. I wouldnt recommend it

i have one dent and it's the size of a pea barely noticeable at all i just can't stand looking at it anymore! So i was going to cover it up with the vinyl... so even such a small dent would still mess it up? or would the carbon fiber hard shell case be the better choice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27 inch
duno

it is up to you, all i can say it wont be perfect ! but it will be less noticable, but the hard case is pricey. vinyl way be the best bet

OP
R
Reaction score
it is up to you, all i can say it wont be perfect ! but it will be less noticable, but the hard case is pricey. vinyl way be the best bet

well it's only a 20 dollar price difference, and well i have read some places where vinyls cover up small dents that's where i got the idea. i was going to get the xgear shadow carbon fiber hard case. but my dent is close to the apple logo so i don't know if it will still show through the circle. so i'm not sure what to do =/

OP
R
Reaction score
oh well ya that one! but that one they dont make anymore that's why i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get one like that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27 inch
i have a spec blue hard case that is half clear but would cover it up

OP
R
Reaction score
so which one the hard case or the vinyl? it's seriously the size of a pea the dent. like it's barrelly dented in at all i can barelly feel it when i move my fingers across it. but it's still there! so i can't pick between the two!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
so which one the hard case or the vinyl? it's seriously the size of a pea the dent. like it's barrelly dented in at all i can barelly feel it when i move my fingers across it. but it's still there! so i can't pick between the two!

You'll want a hard shell case (I use one of these). Any vinyl sticker is just going to either stick into the dent (still making it visible) or not touch at all in that spot and leave a flat dent shape.

The shells clip on and keep just about everything protected. Trust me, if my laptop can be scratch and dent free in a household that has a 3 and 6 year old boys living in it, it works well.

OP
R
Reaction score
You'll want a hard shell case (I use one of these). Any vinyl sticker is just going to either stick into the dent (still making it visible) or not touch at all in that spot and leave a flat dent shape.

The shells clip on and keep just about everything protected. Trust me, if my laptop can be scratch and dent free in a household that has a 3 and 6 year old boys living in it, it works well.

you know what sucks about the xgear carbon fiber one with the circle cut out for the apple logo is that my dent is pretty close to the apple logo i'd say about 3/4 of an inch dirrectly accross the right side of the bottom of the logo. so idk if the hole will be bigger and still show the dent =/

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
you know what sucks about the xgear carbon fiber one with the circle cut out for the apple logo is that my dent is pretty close to the apple logo i'd say about 3/4 of an inch dirrectly accross the right side of the bottom of the logo. so idk if the hole will be bigger and still show the dent =/

So go with the Speck case I pointed out. It covers the whole lid. You can generally find them for about $30, if you look around.

OP
R
Reaction score
i'm really picky and im not sure if i like the speck case... idk what i'm going to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You'll want a hard shell case (I use one of these).

+1 on the Speck Hard Case. I have this one for my 13" MBP. Fits perfectly and takes all the knocks and rolls . . . . . . . . . . Would be on my 3rd machine i reckon if it wasnt for the speck case . . .

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.