Photoshop opinions, about to purchase it

Reaction score
Hi, I'm about to purchase photoshop elements 9 premiere and am looking for opinions before I buy it. I'll be buying it tomorrow.

Mainly looking for photo editing and adding text/borders to pics

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I recently installed Photoshop Elements 9 though I have not run it yet. If you have trouble with the installation create a new user account with administrator privileges and install from there.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I hope installing it isn't a problem.

OP
T
Reaction score
Downloading the trial version now. Thanks again for the help.

OP
T
Reaction score
Installed and tried the trial version, did what I wanted to but there's so much there it will take some time to figure it all out. Definitely a good program; will continue with the trial and probably buy the full version when the trial expires.

The program wants to take control of all my pics and videos which I don't want. I prefer to keep them in iphoto.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Clarification to my previous post, In fairness to Adobe whatever was preventing the installation is apparently something specific to my user account.

After several attempted installations over a few days I contacted Adobe through their chat system. The program that lets them view your screen did not install either. After couple of attempts failed the rep had me create a new user account and the installer ran as expected. I should have thought to do this earlier especially since I keep an account around for just these situations.

My one gripe with the Adobe chat system is that if you get dumped from chat for some reason there appears to be no way to pick up where you left off. You have to re-enter the question and get back in line. Which means you probably have to explain the problem to a new person.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
I used the trial for two days before buying the full product. Does all I need for my pictures and some of its tricks are almost magical. There are some pretty good video tutorials as well. One nice thing is that when you buy the real version, you don't need to reinstall. You can just enter the serial number on the back of the cd case.

I found it was currently much cheaper from Amazon.com than direct from Adobe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
There is a reason Adobe Photoshop has been the industry standard for more than a decade. I have used Photoshop since 3.0 for Windows (1996) and have CS3 now. It is, hands down, the most powerful photo and image editing software commercially available.

I am itching to get CS5.5 just for the iPad interaction, but am forcing myself to wait because I will have to buy the full license (ex took my install media and mine is for Windows and Adobe wants me to send the CD's back before they send me a swap-over license for OSX).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.