Reinstalling Everything

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro that I have been using for music and lots of other things, but my original intension was to just use it for music. I have loaded and unloaded all kinds of junk on to this computer and now would like to strip it down to the bare bones so that my music things don't have to compete with anything else.

Having lived most of my computer life in the PC world, the best way to accomplish this would be to format the drive and reinstall everything, but, on top of Logic, Ableton Live, Sebelious and Reason, I have tons of sounds, virtual instruments and loops, that would take a considerable time, to load.

Is there any other way to clear all the "junk" off my computer without touching the music stuff, short of reinstalling everything?

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
You dont need to do a format and reinstall. Just uninstall the apps you dont need while running AppTrap. thats it.

OP
T
Reaction score
What is AppTrap, that's new on to me?

It's kind of after the fact, I couldn't wait for a reply and ended up erasing everything and reinstalling. It was a 2 day process, but I know there isn't any little bits of programs I don't want hanging around.

Maybe if I knew about AppTrap I wouldn't have gone that route.

Thanks...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.