New MBP Owner

Reaction score
First I would like to say that this is not my first Mac. My first was an SE30 way back in the day. My career however moved me over to the PC side where I stayed for 25 years. I grew to really like the PC because, well, I am a geek and I like to tinker and the PC let me do that much easier than the Mac did. Once the Mac moved to the Intel chip and a Linux core I became interested again. I really wanted to get a Mac but since I already had four PCs, I knew my wife would not let me get a Mac.

All of a sudden this Friday my wife said that her co-worker had a MBP for sale and should we buy it? I contained my enthusiasm and said, "why not, it would be good for both of us to learn the Mac" (she is a computer professional also).

Well, for $550 we got a 15" MBP with a core2duo 2.6ghz processor and I am thrilled. Now I can hardly wait for Lion to arrive. Woohoo!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

Sounds like a good buy and welcome back, am sure you will enjoy using the MBP.
:D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
I have much the same history sans using a Mac long ago. I too made the switch about 2 months ago and haven't looked back. My Lenovo Think Pad still sits at the ready in my office but it has not been turned on lately. I try to turn it on once per week to update the inevitable windows files and keep the virus signatures updated. Other than that it sits. I'm not quite ready to sell it yet because I use it to VPN into my company system. The company I work for is all Windows PC so it makes it difficult to VPN from my MBP.

I think you will really like the platform. I have thus far and have learned an immense amount to date.

Regards,

Pat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
Exciting! Congrats on the purchase, and welcome back to Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Congrats on your fine purchase. Welcome back to Mac. <-- Hey, that rhymed! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
My wife made the "leap" a few months ago. I dove off last month. Love our MBP's!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.