Ram Question

M

mervel0us

To start out, i just bought my first mac (17" powerbook, 1.67) and i'm hooked!

i stayed with the standard 512 ram, but feel that i need more. i'm a full time designer (web and print) and just feel i need a bit more.

Why is the 1gig from apple so expensive ($500)?

i can get 1gig from crucial.com for about $200. they guarantee that it will work great. I'm just a little weary because of the major price difference.

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Because Apple can charge a premium because most people just pay whatever Apple says

Reaction score
No difference between RAM from Apple and RAM from Crucial. You can get it even cheaper from newegg.com.

OP
M

menace3054

i buy my ram from 4allmemory.com they used to send their own brand of memory. but the last 2 GB i bought (2x 1GB) for my powerbook, came as samsung, same OEM that apple sells, and at a **** good price

OP
A

AlexN

Oh yeah, apple charges you $500 for 1GB whereas crucial only charges $159 for 1GB...

Edit: I just purchased the 1GB module from Crucial. Yeah, my iBook has 1.5GB RAM. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.