switching soon

J

JayMo

I am looking to pick up a Mac within the next week or so, I've had my eye on a Mac mini, but have a few questions. First off wondering if a Mac Mini with a G4 1.25GHz will do what I'm looking to do.

I'm wanting to do some basic sound editing, and some light video editing.

I really want to start playing with a few programs like Garage Band, and learn the OS before I have my parents switch over to it, so I can make thier switch as easy as possible.

My main question on the hardware side is am I able to pick up any brand name ram so I can take it over 1 GB ram, or will I have to look for a certain brand and or buy from apple?

Thnx

Jay

OP
S

sursuciofla

JayMo said:
I am looking to pick up a Mac within the next week or so, I've had my eye on a Mac mini, but have a few questions. First off wondering if a Mac Mini with a G4 1.25GHz will do what I'm looking to do.

I'm wanting to do some basic sound editing, and some light video editing.

I really want to start playing with a few programs like Garage Band, and learn the OS before I have my parents switch over to it, so I can make thier switch as easy as possible.

My main question on the hardware side is am I able to pick up any brand name ram so I can take it over 1 GB ram, or will I have to look for a certain brand and or buy from apple?

Thnx

Jay

Yes, just make sure it is compatible RAM, but any brand will work. DON'T BUY FROM APPLE, unless you just have money to flush.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
for what you want to do id get the 1.4 Ghz mini personally as it will do it quicker.

as for the RAM yes buy from elsewhere but you cant get it to go over 1GB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.