windows 7 premium family pack UPGRADE?

Reaction score
ok someone just deleted my original post
hope anyone doesnt mind but i just really need to know

does a windows 7 premium family pack UPGRADE suffice
for installing windows to a mac that doesnt have prior windows installations?
ive searched
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/running-windows-anything-else-your-mac/177052-windows-7-home-premium-family-pack-boot-camp-3-0-a.html the guys said yes but whos to know if it changed the post is already a year old.

does anyone have a clue? just dont want to waste 150 dollars

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Any Windows 7 upgrade can be installed using Boot Camp. Follow the directions as given in this article: LINK

However, I would like to point out to you that in the spirit of complying with the MS EULA, you should already own a legal copy of either XP or Vista.

OP
B
Reaction score
hi :) i would just like to get your opinion if you think the same process
can be done in the present, since the guidelines you pointed out are 2 years ago.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
They still work. I just recently installed my copy of Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade that way. And yes, I do have a full legal copy of Windows XP. :)

Let us know how it went.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.