• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

76% of iPhone users will adopt iCloud

Reaction score
76% of iPhone users will adopt iCloud

icloud621.jpg

A survey by RBC Capital Markets states the obvious: a majority of iPhone owners will use Apple's new free iCloud service when it launches this fall.

According to the survey, 76% of iPhone owners will use the free iCloud service and another 30% will use the US$25 monthly iTunes Match service. iMessage may be as popular as iCloud with 73% of iPhone users looking forward to using iOS-specific messaging service.

This high rate of adoption is not surprising. Who wouldn't use a free service that is bundled into the OS and makes life easier by seamlessly syncing information across devices?

76% of iPhone users will adopt iCloud originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

SourceÂ*|Â*PermalinkÂ*|Â*Email thisÂ*|Â*Comments

Read more

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm glad I read the article, cause I was about to say, if the other 24% isn't going to use it, then they don't know about it. But I see the article mentions the 24% are the ones who will upgrade. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
25$ a month seems a little pricey for the iTunes match service to me!

Reaction score

I think it's only fair to the artists who make the music. Sure, $25 is pricey, but it could be worse.

That being said, I think I'll hold off on iTM. Pandora and other sources of FM radio on the internet will hold me off until I purchase a song or album later.

I am looking forward to other features of iCloud.

Reaction score
well, you figure every Mobile Me member will use iCloud since they are already using the sync features and will be migrated automatically.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

$25 a month would be a little pricey. But, since the price is only $25 a year, not nearly so.

It's a great price for anyone that has much of any music library that didn't come from iTunes itself and is still adding music to their library from other sources.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
I think 25$ a year is reasonable - I guess the quoted article is incorrect then?

Reaction score
I guess the quoted article is incorrect then?

Yup

Apple said:
If you want all the benefits of iTunes in the Cloud for music you haven’t purchased from iTunes, iTunes Match is the perfect solution. It lets you store your entire collection, including music you’ve ripped from CDs or purchased somewhere other than iTunes. For just $24.99 a year.

Source

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I think 25$ a year is reasonable - I guess the quoted article is incorrect then?

The article states:

According to the survey, 76% of iPhone owners will use the free iCloud service and another 30% will use the US$25 yearly iTunes Match service.

Bold added - there have apparently been some corrections to the article - it's possible this is one of them since the time you read it.

Reaction score
Perhaps our friendly bot could be enticed into editing its quotation of the article, which continues to use the word monthly.

As an aside, wouldn't it be neat if forum technology evolved to include a tag like "articlequote," which would somehow self update when changes/corrections are made?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad
at about $2 a month to never have to pull music off one device via a cable and shoot it to the other I will gladly pay that for the rest of my life for convenience.

I am pretty amped for iOS5 and iCloud I cant wait for them to hit full swing. I just sold my HTC on eBay and came back to the Apple family with the iPhone 4. Using this phone again it blows the doors off my blackberry bold and HTC I just got rid of. I apologized to Steve for being unfaithful and leaving for a year. haha...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Perhaps our friendly bot could be enticed into editing its quotation of the article, which continues to use the word monthly.

As an aside, wouldn't it be neat if forum technology evolved to include a tag like "articlequote," which would somehow self update when changes/corrections are made?

Actually the best thing would be for news sites to actually get competent editorial staff and fact check their articles before they release them. :)

TUAW is by far the worst when it comes to competent editors. I find their stories have the most initial inaccuracy and grammar problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.