Error message using winclone

Reaction score
Did all the steps for the boot camp partition using winclone and now when I go to restore it there is an error window that says "Error found. Check log for details." I just wanted to know whether or not I'm doing something wrong or I need to do extra steps and if I still needed the windows disc in order for it to work. Let me know as soon as possible. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Can't use Winclone must be from a genuine Windows disc and not an 'inhouse' disc such as Dell, HP etc. And the Windows disc needs to have not been activated previously.

OP
M
Reaction score
I mean I read that you can use winclone to save your files so when you create a bigger partition all you have to do is restore it but I'm having troubles restoring it

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
WinClone can sometimes be unstable which can cause errors when restoring a partition. That's one of the reasons it is no longer being developed.

The best program to use in order to expand or shrink a Boot Camp partition non-destructively is "CampTune" by Paragon Software. Not free, but it works well.

If the partition can not be restored with WinClone because of errors, then you'll have to reinstall Windows using your original Windows CD or DVD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.