Os 9.2

C

CHR15B

Where can I get an OS9 disk for a fair price?

What can I use for email and MSN Messenger?

Cheers

Chris

OP
S

sursuciofla

CHR15B said:
Where can I get an OS9 disk for a fair price?

What can I use for email and MSN Messenger?

Cheers

Chris

Try ebay. Also maybe you should rephrase your second question.

Maybe I am retarded but I would say to that second one, use email and MSN messenger, hehe. Like I said maybe you should clarify. I know they have MSN mgr for OS9. I am not sure what mail app it(OS9) uses though.

OP
C

CHR15B

Thanks guys!

sursuciofla, sorry about the silly question, I'm highly illiterate when it comes to Mac's... never used one in my life and I've recently ordered a iMac G3 as my first to play about with.

OP
C

CHR15B

Cool... I seen a OS9 disk on ebay it said OS9.2 but it said iBook on it... will that be Ok with the iMac G3 ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
CHR15B said:
Cool... I seen a OS9 disk on ebay it said OS9.2 but it said iBook on it... will that be Ok with the iMac G3 ?
maybe....
Your best bet is to find a retail version of the disc. It should be a white disc with a gold "9" on it.
The disc that says iBook on it is a system restore/install disc for an iBook.
It may or may not work in your iMac....it is pretty much a crapshoot, regardless of what anyone else tells you. Some will say that it will work without a hitch, though I have seen and heard of discs like that not working in computers where the disc was not intended for. The retail versions are garaunteed to work in any Mac capable of taking that OS.

OP
S

sursuciofla

CHR15B said:
I can't find one anywhere, not even a pirate... that would have done!

What I don't understand is why would someone sell you a Mac without an OS? That's the first thing I would look for or I wouldn't buy. Your best bet may just be spending the $40 at that link Badger gave you.

OP
C

CHR15B

I've not got the mac yet, and it does have an OS on it, its OS 8 and he lost the OS Disk, I wanted an OS9 disc so I could wipe the computer and start again like new

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.