F4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.2GHz Intel Core i7 Processor, 4 GB
I used F4 a lot on my pc to repeat function. Is there any such function key on a mac?

C

chas_m

Function keys, as the name suggests, can be programmed to do pretty much anything.

Would you mind explaining to a non-PC person what you mean by "repeat function" so that I can try to answer your question specifically?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.2GHz Intel Core i7 Processor, 4 GB
it repeats the last action.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
it repeats the last action.

In all my years of using Windows, I never knew that F4 was a global "redo". I'll have to play around with it.

Shift+Command+Z typically performs a "redo" action on OS X applications that support it.

C

chas_m

"Re-Do" is also a menu command in programs that support it, but not all programs do.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The redo function also differs from application to application. cwa107's is one while in Office for example, it's Command-Y.

Is this for a specific application? I ask because some applications allow you to change the keyboard shortcuts. In Word 2011 for instance, you can go to Tools > Customize Keyboard... > Edit (in categories) > EditRedoOrRepeat (in Commands) and add a keyboard shortcut there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.