xCode Development help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06GHz 8gb Ram
Hi Guys

This is my first post on the Mac-forum XD

Right guys here is my problem...

I am part of a development company with me and my friends. the main guy has bought a dev account from apple and has my UUID registered so i have iOS5 installed.

im trying to put an app that i am working on, on to my device so i can test it, but its not letting me.

"Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain"

how can I put it on to my device, do I have to set something up in xCode first.

Please Help
XD
:);D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
When one purchases a dev account, as I recall, one needs to setup some certificate that allows you to install apps on your device(s). Since you haven't purchased an account, you haven't gone through that process.

I know developers can copy the needed information from one machine to another, so that might work. I haven't had to do this since I only have one iOS development capable box. Really though, you should purchase your own dev account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
When one purchases a dev account, as I recall, one needs to setup some certificate that allows you to install apps on your device(s). Since you haven't purchased an account, you haven't gone through that process.

I know developers can copy the needed information from one machine to another, so that might work. I haven't had to do this since I only have one iOS development capable box. Really though, you should purchase your own dev account.

It doesn't make sense for different members of the same dev team to have their own dev accounts. One account for a team is normal. You just have to make sure that you have all of the provisioning files and dev certificates synced to your device.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.06GHz 8gb Ram
so I have to make a Signing Certificate via the apple Dev portal just to test it on my iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
AFAIK your team leader should be able to get you the appropriate required credentials to be able to test on a device.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.