Problem Booting Up my Macbook

Reaction score
So a while back I installed bootcamp on my macbook. I loved it and all but it was just making my computer slow. I wanted to delete it but i had no reason to. But then about 2 weeks ago, it started giving me problems. Everytime i pressed to option key to give the option to go onto windows side or mac, it would never show the mac side and i would have to restart my computer several times and take out the battery just to start it up. About a week ago, i decided to delete the partition on my computer. This is where the problem started to get real big. Every time the computer was not touched for more than 4 hours, it would take me about 20 minutes just to get the mac to turn on. ( I would hold the option key, turn off the computer, restart it, turn it off again, take out the battery and then hopefully the mac would show up) then yesterday I decided to re-download windows. Now my computer will not find the windows system, the mac system or anything. I tried to download the mac disk onto it but there are no drivers to download it on. What did i do to my computer? Is there anyway to fix this? I cant afford to have the computer wiped because i will lose all my data.

Details:
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like you may have a failing hard drive. That might be the reason it takes so long to boot the machine. Also, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "re-download Windows" or download the Mac disk on to it?

Are you referring to reinstalling Windows and Mac OS X from the disks?

You must have your original Leopard install and recovery DVD. Use it to boot the machine. (hold down C or OPTION and select the DVD to boot from) After selecting the language, go to the top menu and click on "Utilities", "Disk Utility". Highlight your hard drive on the left side, and then run "Verify and Repair".

Let us know what the results are.

OP
E
Reaction score
okay it did the same thing is normally does. im pretty sure im going to have to get the hard drive fixed or get a new one. i was hoping i didnt have to do that. i cant seem to repair the drive because it doesnt show up. my computer cant find the system for some reason.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.