My first panoramic shot..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
shot this last night while in the Bahamas.

Unfortunately I didn't have a tripod (so I have high ISO grain due to a faster shutter speed :( ) nor a lot of time (had the rest of the bunch yelling at me to get back into the car so we could hit dinner)..

Shot in RAW, converted to DNG, then I changed the WB and a bit of exposure (no real time to tweak).. and merged them 6 photos.

pretty awesome.. once I can really play with it I'll get an awesome one posted.

sunsetpanormasm.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Looks beautiful. I'm jealous of your location

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks! been here for 10 days now.. packing it up tomorrow afternoon..

I think I've taken near 2,100 shots.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Very nice sounds like a good project

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Unfortunately I didn't have a tripod (so I have high ISO grain due to a faster shutter speed :( ) nor a lot of time (had the rest of the bunch yelling at me to get back into the car so we could hit dinner).

At it's current resolution...it looks pretty good to me!:)

Thanks for sharing...I find panoramic shots to be pretty cool. Was this one where you took multiple shots...then "stitched" them together with an app.?

- Nick

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Gorgeous. Wish I was there right now...instead of my office. :)

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
as soon as I get home I'll throw up a high res link for some of you guys to check out.

I merged the images via photoshop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Totally jealous! That sunset looks fantastic man, glad you're having such a wonderful time. As for the whole "yelling" so that they can eat part.. .man, tell em' to chill out and take a breath! That's the whole reason you guys are there! Ya don't rush the Bahamas.

I think we're planning such a trip as well, I can't wait!

Doug

Reaction score
I would crop the left (brick) wall and the right car lights away, other than that it's a nice shot!

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys..

here's another:

LyfordBeachsm.jpg

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Really nice. I think I'll just leave this on the screen all day and tell myself I'm there - instead of here in this office. :|

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ha.. well if any of you want a HIGH resolution of it please feel free to shoot me a PM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have a bunch of them
Looks good, what kind of cam and glass are you using? also are you using photoshop or aperture or anything like that to clean up your shots?

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Tom..

I shot these on a Canon 550D (Rebel t2i) with a EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6.

I only used photoshop to merge the images.. no real cleaning up has been done yet. Maybe some slight color boost but that is it.

I'm still learning stills, I work in the film industry in the camera department but of course it's completely different. Everything I've learned so far is just from studying shots and reading Digital Photography Techniques UK Magazine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have a bunch of them
well they arnt bad for just learning, i started doing B&W wet processing 4 years ago and im still learning and just scrapping the service so again nice job

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well they arnt bad for just learning, i started doing B&W wet processing 4 years ago and im still learning and just scrapping the service so again nice job

Thank you.

I never really got into still until I started working closely with the Director of Photography on quite a few of my jobs and I really started paying attention (since many still attributes carry over to video) and now that I've been coming up in the DIT world for video... it's starting to pay off.

What kind of stuff would you recommend in order to improve that shot? I think I just went off the sunny 16 rule, but it was hard with the sand/sky exposures.

Reaction score
Thank you.

I never really got into still until I started working closely with the Director of Photography on quite a few of my jobs and I really started paying attention (since many still attributes carry over to video) and now that I've been coming up in the DIT world for video... it's starting to pay off.

What kind of stuff would you recommend in order to improve that shot? I think I just went off the sunny 16 rule, but it was hard with the sand/sky exposures.

So you don't mind comment then? ;P

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
not at all, i LOVE criticism

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.