Canon printer - crap colour?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a new Canon Pixma iP5000, and I've very disappointed with the quality of it, it was all singing and dancing on the spec.

When I print on photograpic paper - the colours are almost perfect but when I print on any other sort of paper - I've tried various, the colours are whay different to the on-screen colours. Now I know they're never going to be the same but the difference is really really bad - the reason I bought my printer was to use it for proofs for my customers (have just set up my own business) and the colours are so out that its impossible!

I've done various changes to the settings, and in coloursync - but to be honest I don't know much about hardware type stuff! I've realigned the printer heads etc, but nothings improved.

Can anyone suggest anything or is there a certain paper that I can use (although if I have to buy expensive paper for it then there goes the idea or proofs!)

Thanks in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.