Problem with mail

Reaction score
Just recently one of my mail accounts is acting strange, when i open that account to view my messages every message shows twice. and when i delete a message it deletes both. this is only happening on one of my accounts. any ideas???

Reaction score
Moved to Spain in 2000 after enforced early retire
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24,iMac27,iMac21.5-i3,iPhone4-32gb,iTouch3.32gb,iPad1,Apple TV,iPodClassic160gbx2
I've never got the hang of these Outlook Express-type mail servers things..

Don't really see the point of them anyway !

Seem quite tricky to set up anyway-even with Apple:Angry:

C

chas_m

I believe what you are seeing is both your local storage of messages and the server's storage of messages, and you have a setting turned on in Mail to delete the server copy when you delete the local copy (and vice versa).

You'll need to wade into the settings in Mail and tell the server NOT to retain a copy of the email for any period of time after you've downloaded it. That should clear up the duplicate issue going forward.

I'd offer a screenshot to illustrate, but I no longer have any POP accounts so I can't. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.