Photoshop CS - font problems

E

ethea

Is anyone aware if photoshop has a bug where it only recognizes a certain number of fonts?

It shows all my fonts up until somewhere in the "s" alphabet...then it just stops and doesn't allow me to choose or even see any fonts from "t - z"...

Indesign and Illustrator don't have this problem...anyone else have this?

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
i havn't seen that problem, but in CS for me sometimes certain font's or something act funny, like you can type a word and if you hit enter to start a new line to type it'll bunch the txt together. it's REALLY annoying, has anyone experience that ? (sorry dont mean to hijack your thread)

Edit: here is what mine looks like.
text6of.png

Reaction score
I have it, runs real smooth here. I haven't encountered problems with fonts yet. They seem to be all there, right up top Z. But I'm just starting with it ;)

edit: try the Adobe forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Ok, I got my problem fixed, you might want to try this. (this is what i did) open a finder window and go into library >> then down to preferences >> Then delete the adobe photoshop settings folder, then open up photoshop and it'll be like when you just installed it, all the settings are back to normal.

textfix4kc.png

Reaction score
Font problems

I have the same problem with fonts that have disappeared. My font list only goes to Times. Anything else from T to Z has disappeared. Anyone have a fix for this? Desperate! Thanks.

Reaction score
I have never had that problem but some of the other problems can be solved by using a program called font nuke. The problems are with the adobe font cache, if it gets too big it starts acting buggy. Font nuke rebuild s the cache. It's free, just a warning it has to restart your machine when done so make sure you don't have anything important open. Also if you are using a lot of fonts and are not using some kind of font management software you may want to look into it. Suitcase Fusion is a good one we use here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.