Help! I switched to ibook having serious problems

Reaction score
Im having alot of problems with my iBook G4 at the moment, its running panther.

First of all, it has become extremely slow,I have considered reinstalling the OEM stuff butI cant remember where I haveput the CDs.... They'll probably turn up eventually.

On the main screen in the bar at the top where it says "finder" all my little stat icons have vanished .... you know, the ones that tell you the battery life , airport etc.

Also , I have been tried to connect to my new college network and I dont know where to start. Can someone please help me???

Thanks

Shane :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Go to Disk Utility and Repair Permissions, that sometimes fixes weird problems.

As far as your college network, I am sure your college's website. There are so many different things they could use for authentication that going through them is the only easy way to find out.

OP
I
Reaction score
mynameis said:
Go to Disk Utility and Repair Permissions, that sometimes fixes weird problems.

As far as your college network, I am sure your college's website. There are so many different things they could use for authentication that going through them is the only easy way to find out.

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried to repair disk permissions but I get an error message and have to quit it.

OP
I
Reaction score
Has anyone got any other suggestions???

All help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
I
Reaction score
Im in college now but as soon as I get home I'm going to try find those CD's.... I can't take using these windows mchines in college anymore!!

...... Another Question....

My ibook G4 isa running panther,
768MB Ram
80GB HD
BT

Etc...

I would be interested in swapping it for a powerbook.

Any takers????

Thanks for the help.

I'll be back whether the outcome is good or bad.

:headphone

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks god!

Thank God, at last I found the CD's after many hours and have installed them so my iBook is working perfect again.

I was wondering could anyone recommend some good programs that are worth downloading for my mac to keep it in good shape.

Now.... to get the college network sorted out tomorrow. Hopefully it'll work unlike before, so ..... fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
My favorite mac maintenance app is "Yasu." I run it about once a week. There are also some other good ones, "Cocktail" does a lot. MacJanitor is good for very basic maintenance (although Yasu and Cocktail does what it does). But really, I like Yasu's simple user interface, and it works well.

http://www.jimmitchelldesigns.com/yasu.html

OP
I
Reaction score
Thats great man, thanks alot. I'll download that now and give it a go.

By the way,

In your opinion do you think it would be a wise move for me to switch to a powerbook.... even if it had less ram and a smaller hard drive than my ibook G4??

Thanks

E

Exodus

Well....I think you can switch take out the RAM from your iBook and then add it to your powerBook.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks man,

I never thought of that.

So.... I guess the best thing to do is post in the buy/sell/trade section????

:headphone

Im heading there now

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.