So I got a new game for my 14 inch ibook G4..

T

thenewmacuser

I'm so frustrated! I just purchased Sim City 4 for about 50 bucks and it seems like the picture always messed up. I havent even gotten to build a city because big parts of the screen will just go black, and I can't see anything, I have to quit the game.

I have an ibook 14 inch G4. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I suspect I may not have enough Ram...

OP
U

UncSki1218

thats weird..never heard about that happening...maybe u should bring it to the store with the game and ask whats going on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
A similar problem was covered in this thread.

My response there:
me said:
My gf had a similar problem witih Sim City 4 on her iBook.

She had 512 MB of memory, and she had to turn off a lot of the advanced graphics in order for the game to run properly, and for her machine to behave well.

When she upgraded to 768 MB, the problems went away entirely. You may want to consider increasing your iBook's memory.

As the others have said, I would also recommend removing and reinstalling Sim City on your iBook, in addition to the permissions repair.

There's also a patch on the Sim City developer's web site-- make sure you download that when you reinstall.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.